02/06/2021 by Main Street Naturopathic Clinic 0 Comments
Belly Fat Causing You Concern?
If you’ve noticed that your waistline is increasing even though you haven’t changed your eating habits or your exercise level, the problem is likely a lack of insulin sensitivity or prediabetes.
You might have heard some of the dangers of diabetes, including kidney disease, neuropathy, foot amputation, blindness. As frightening as these sound, you can change the direction your health is headed and lose the extra inches starting today with just five easy-to-understand steps!
Dangers of Diabetes:
· Cardiovascular disease
· Nerve damage
· Eye damage
· Kidney damage
· Foot amputation
· Alzheimers disease
· And more…
Mary is a good example:
Complaint:—increased waist measurement
· No change in activity level
· Eating the same foods
· Eating the same amount
· Followed these five steps and has lost a couple of inches on her waist!
Balance your Blood Sugar in 5 Steps!
1. Know your blood sugar numbers. Take your blood sugar after morning fasting and 1 or 2 hours after a meal
2. Follow a low carb diet
- Green beans
- Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts
- Lettuce, romaine, spinach, kale
3. Fats are not the enemy—Yes to healthy fats like butter, avocados & avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil
4. Move—30 minutes a day! You can do this by gardening, walking, swimming, tennis, lift a few weights 3 times a week
5. Sleep at least 7 hours a night!
Once you have implemented these 5 lifestyle changes, you too will look younger and feel better in addition to losing belly fat! If you would like to learn more about removing that belly fat, call us at 1306-692-6160 to book an appointment with Dr. Chiasson to get you on the right track!